List of Analytical Services & Techniques
- Thin section making
- Fine/clay particle separation
- X-ray powder diffraction (XRD)
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- Environmental scanning electron microscope (ESEM)
- Analytical Transmission Electron Microscope (ATEM)
- Thermal analysis (TG-DSC)
- Optical microscopy
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
- Wet chemical analysis - (ICP-AES, ICP-MS & ion chromatography)
- Contaminant speciation and availability
- Gas chromatography and GC-mass spectrometry
- Density, porosity, hardness, surface area, particle size etc
- Thermal expansion
- Characterisation of microbial communities using the techniques of molecular biology (PCR, FISH probing) and more traditional culturing techniques (for aerobes and anaerobes)
- Assessment of material or soil safety using microbial bioassays
- Experimental investigation of microbial processes in soils and industrial processes, including landfill sites, sediments and ex situ bioreactors
- Ecological surveys (animals and vegetation)
This page was last updated on the 28th October 2005.
All content of this site © Mineral Solutions 2003 - 2005 unless stated otherwise.
Site created by Ged Manning. Please contact the webmaster if you have any queries.